A day before our short retreat we hosted Pat Coyle, the Communications Offices for the Irish province. Her dynamic approach, and the glimpse she gave us into “into the journalist’s head” were greatly appreciated. Through numerous examples we progressively understood more clearly that knowing something academically doesn’t necessarily guarantee successful communication. The journalist’s know-how in direct communication (the use of story, finding a ‘hook’ to gain people’s attention, the art of constructing a good title for a story etc) can only be learned by practice. In Pat’s words, however, “the message we desire to convey, the Good News, is worth the effort.”
Lord, show me your ways.
Saint Alphonsus Rodriguez SJ
- The Final Weeks
- Week 17: 11-17 January
- Week 16: 4-10 January
- Week 15: 28 December- 3 Januar 2021
- We wish you all a blessed Christmas and a happy new year.
- Week 14: 21 -27 December
- Asking for your prayers – Tertians 30 day retreat from 19 November to 20 December 2020
- Week 9-13: 16 November-20 December
- Week 8: 9th Nov to 15th Nov
- Week 7: 2 November to 8 November
Manresa Jesuit Centre of Spirituality (Tertianship Program)
426 Clontarf Road
Telephone +353 1 8057239