Alban prepared meal for lunch. It was very nice, rice and chicken with three kinds of desert apple pie, chocolate pie and yoghurt pie. Thanks Alban.
Some Tertians went for celebrate masses in different places and some attended masses in some parish churches.
In the morning, some Tertians visited the public cemetery and Jesuit cemetery. Toto said mass in the afternoon. Piaras cooked for dinner.
We had an animated movie, Rio, telling a story about the last generation of a bird. It was quite entertaining. Thank you Gabriel
Two sessions in the morning, we listened to Fr. Orlando Torrres who gave the answers to our questions, which mostly focussed on formation and some demographic changes of the number of Jesuits in the world.
Fr. Orlando said mass for the community.
Lourenço and Pavel showed photos of Magis activities during World Youth Day, August 2011 in Spain. Lourenço, in addition to Pavel, also shared about the student camp activities in his ministry in Portugal with regards to the preparation for the WYD in Spain. Father Orlando Torres was with us during the presentation and said goodbye to all of us as he would leave the next day very early morning at 5 am.
In the two sessions in the morning, Fr. Orlando Torres gave the general situation in the curia under Fr. Adolfo Nicolas. There are topics : universal availability and planning, Spiritual Depth, Formation, Leadership, Creativity, Intellectual Apostolate, Community Life, The first step of the spirit of GC 35.
Emphasizing some parts:
- Universality availability : freedom and mobility to be sent to any mission, for a short or longer term
- Spiritual Depth : what kind of prayer? Transformative prayer moves to freedom to be sent
- Formation : toward universal availability; intellectual apostolate and leadership
- Leadership : vision and administrator, skills can be taught.
- Creativity ; mission in the various context.
- Intellectual Apostolate : mission on the crossroad faith and science, not always in university
- Community life : triptych Identity, mission and Community , community for mission, witness living Gospel.